Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thank you Fam!

Not a lot of my family are bloggers, but they do read my blog. So I want to say thanks to my family for these past couple of weeks. The last three weeks have been the hardest weeks of my life! I had to have my gall bladder out on August 13th, and then I had to go back and have emergency surgery 4 days later because my bile duct ruptured and I had a liter of bile in my abdominal cavity. My poor little babe had to be taken care of by my mom and my sister. I didn't even really get to see her while I was in the hospital and on soo much nasty medicine. So thanks sooo much family(this includes Josh's family too), I couldn't have done it without you, and I love you. Thanks for all the visits and calls. Now I can go back to being a mom again.
So that is what our little fam has been up to the last couple of weeks. We are just getting back into the norm and Eliza is doing great! She is getting so big already I can't believe it. I also can't believe summer is almost over. I am not quite ready for the wyoming winter. Josh's cowboy season is here(obsession) and I am sure we will be making some trips to Laramie.
Anyway her is a pic of Eliza (no she isn't in her bouncy 24/7, it just happens to be where she is when I take her pic)

10 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh man Alayna, I am so sorry! Your story sounds so familiar because that is what happened to me when I was pregnant with Peyton and the reason he was born at 33 weeks because of my gallbladder! Hopefully you feel ton better now!! Your little girl is so adorable!

Holly said...

I am so glad you are back to blogging and feeling better! Hopefully we will be able to come to Eliza's blessing next week, I will let you know. Love ya.

Natali Jolley said...

oh I can't believe what that must have been like for you! I am so sorry and I hope that things are going better. It sure is wonderful to have a Mother and Sister to help you take care of things like that isn't it! Good Luck with it all! Your little one is about adorable as can be.

Emily said...

Hey! I am glad you are up and running again. I saw you passed out in your dad's car the other day after you had just got out of the ER. I thought you looked a little drugged up and was wondering where that cute babe was. Your dad told me the whole story and I am so sorry. It is hard enough adjusting to being a new mom without having all that to deal with as well!!! Your baby is beautiful and I am sure you will enjoy being able to play mom again!

Mary said...

WOW! It sounds like you've had it rough. But I'm glad things are going better. She's DANG cute, too!

jjgoode said...

Alayna, thanks for your comment on our blog, it was good to hear from you. I am so sorry, I hope you are feeling much better now. Eliza is so cute! Good luck with everything, and yeah you are totally welcome to add my blog on yours.

allison said...

Alayna! I had no idea it was that bad! I think I talked to you the day before you went in to surgery, and all I've heard since then is Rocky's version from Josh (so not very complete). I need to call you ASAP deary! Eliza is adorable, I'm so glad you are doing better!

Anne said...

Oh Alayna dear. I'm so sorry. That is a rough few weeks. I'm glad you are feeling better. That book is called Baby Wise, or maybe On Becoming Baby Wise. I really liked it just because I was so clueless with Drake on how to do anything!

Weston, Brittany, Kyce, Cody, and Kaizley said...

Alayna, I am glad that you are feeling much better. It was so good to see you and visit. We will have to get together again soon! You have the cutest daughter. I swear she has changed again since I saw her last.

Emily K. said...

Wow, what a time you have. It's so nice that you live close to your family so they can help. I'm sure that Bree and your mom loved tending your little baby for awhile. I had a really hard time with my health after my kids were born too. That's why I've been too scared to have more. I'm glad you're doing better now. Good luck. Babies are a big adjustment.