Well thanks Skip, now I have something to write about.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. We have contests in my household to see who can wrap the prettiest gifts. A suprising winner is Mike.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real, but guess what? I don't have a tree! Didn't do it, I am a major slacker. We are going home for Christmas, so I figure I can glory in the beauty of everyone else's.
3. When do you put up the tree? See question 2.
4. When do you take the tree down? If I did have a tree it would stay up for as long as it was alive.
5. Do you like eggnog? Eggnog!! It is the best. I am quite disappointed in all you who don't like it. They have a pumpkin spice kind, mmm. It does come in second to wasil though.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A singing microphone tape player thingy. Sounds crazy and it was. Had it for years. We would always sing the "Mormon sunday school" songs on it.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? My mother gave me the Willow tree one. I so love it. Thanks mama!
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. I never know what to get him. Books usually bode well, but that gets old.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My neices and nephews, they are so funny and crazy. Plus they will tell you exactly what they want.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? This wasn't mine, but its a great story. My grandma (bless her little heart) used to go walking every morning like 2 miles. She found a wallet on the side of the road (with tire marks on it) no money or anything in it. She decided it would be a great present for my little brother Blake. He was super excited!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, I am even mailing some, I need to get on that.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Story. Doesn't get any better. I did watch a Charlie Brown christmas for the first time the other day. Wasn't bad.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I think this year was the earliest I got it done. Last saturday I got everyone's.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything! Christmas food is the best. I love ham and my mama makes some great ham. Ohh and the candy, peanut brittle from my aunt Karen. Caramels, cinnamon popcorn, peanut clusters, pecan tarts, rolls oh my I need to stop.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Yeah I like the clear ones. I like how people put green and red spotlights shining on their lawns, looks cool.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh this makes me cry. My grandpa Hamblin had a gorgeous voice. He would always sing Oh Holy Night. We have it on a cd, so we always listen to it. Nobody else compares.
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Home, no kids. Boring Christmas with just me and Josh. (Sorry for the confusion, when I say home I mean Mountain View, so yes we are traveling Home.)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and the most famous if you recall... Rudolph.
20. Angel on the treetop or a star? I like either. It doesn't matter.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present Christmas eve, and the rest Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not enough snow.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Being with those who you love. Giving, sharing, serving it really is a magical time. I also love thinking about Jesus Christ and having him be the center of our hearts.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Well thanks Skip, now I have something to write about.
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 10:06 AM
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
AHH! Where is the snow? It seems like for the past couple of years there has not been enough snow. I need snow for the holidays. Snow makes things all the more magical and christmasy. It has snowed a couple of times, but here in Casper the wind blows it all away. All of my best memories are waking up winter mornings and having my mom or dad say it snowed. I would run to the window and gaze at the beauty. It really is so beautiful. I love waking up Christmas morning to a nice warm fire, opening the curtains before we opened presents and enjoying Christmas while it looked like Christmas outside. I know that there are more serious things to be concerned about than snow(like that I haven't started my chirstmas shopping), but I just would like it to snow like 4 feet for me please.
Josh and I took some holiday pictures during Thanksgiving holiday and notice the no snow going on in the background. I'm done.
Me and Kaylee on the couch at Grandpa Roitz's.
What a look! Isn't it cute?
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 5:00 PM
Sunday, November 11, 2007
We took a trip to Mountain View this weekend for Josh's brother's baby blessing. Kolby Boone Roitz. It was such a great little blessing, even though baby blessings are pretty common it was really moving to me today. I love all my family and could not be more grateful. We are for sure not perfect, but I love 'em. I love coming home and spending time with them. When we get together we go crazy. I also love my new family and the time I have been able to spend with them. They are wonderful people. I especially love all of my neices and nephews. Some of my favorite things are:
*Playing outside when the weather is nice and brisk
*Going for drives up in the mountains
*Having a tea party with the little neices (my two neices of opposite sides of the family became good friends this weekend)
*Eating a nice meal with them
*Talking the gospel with them
*Looking at pictures and talking about our memories growing up
*Being with them
Here of some pictures of my crazy family who I love!
My little neice Emry when she was born
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 3:55 PM
Monday, October 29, 2007
So I got tagged by Skip. I haven't posted for a while so now I can have something to talk about. Thanks
Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
At the end of the post the player then tags six people and posts their names then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Have fun!
1. I love microwave smores. Make em all the time. 2 grahams, 2 mallows, and lotsa chocolate chips. Microwave for 37 seconds, ahhhh perfection! Glass of milk and that is my favortie treat. I try to justify by saying that marshmallows have very little calories, they are just sugar, grahams don't have that many, and what can a few little choc. chips do?
2. I love reading. I would read all day if I could. I love all sorts of books. I just finished the golden compass series, they were great! I am trying to include the scripts in there too.
3. I had to come into work by myself for a week while my boss was on vacation. I chowed like nothing else. I ate junk food that whole week. I ate a butterfinger everyday. It was great and I am now in love with the turtle chex mix. Try it.
4. I love to snowboard. I'm not so good, but I am getter better every year. Josh is a maniac and goes like 100mph everywhere, but he does wait for me and tries to help all he can. I tried some jumps last year and it was so fun. I have a green and white board. Sweetness.
5. I have started to not shave my legs very much. It seemed like before I would shave them like once or twice a week. Now its like once or twice a month. Josh really loves it. Getting ready for the winter.
6. I have shoes from my junior year of high school that I wear everyday. I can't seem to find a pair I like enough to but them and wear them with all my outfits. I smelled them the other day and they do smell that old.
Sorry everyone who I know has already been tagged. I'm a loser
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 4:41 PM
Monday, October 8, 2007
I am just going to admit it. I have been such a pathetic person in the past it is so sad. I cannot believe I am going to admit it, but here goes. This conference session is the very first time I have watched all 4 sessions from beginnning to end. That it absolutely horrible. But.. I am proud of myself and I am going to stive to do it every time. I loved conference it was so uplifting. I don't mean to put people in categories, but I loved all of the hispanic speakers. I especially loved Pres. Costa's talk, he was the one that read the poem about "if tomorrow never comes." I was in a emotional mood the past couple of days and I cried and cried during talks. We also went to the stake center to watch a couple of sessions and that was a great experience. I have always just watched them at home in front of the TV, and a couple of time we got to go to the conference center. Going to the stake center really helps you pay more attention and you are able to feel the spirit more easily. Anyway I am proud of myself. It is also a good thing we did listen to all of conference because our bishop told us last night we were probably going to talk about conference in a couple of weeks! PS. Hey Rhonda how have things been going? Josh told me he talked to you a couple of days ago. Hope all is well in beautiful Georgia!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Oh my goodness, I can't believe that another week has gone. It is finally starting to cool down here and I am glad. I swear its like 20 degrees hotter in Casper than the rest of Wyoming. I just found out the coolest thing today, its really awesome. We live in "felony flats". That is what the area we live in is called. My cousins that live here already told us we live in the ghetto, but this was a new revelation. My co-worker told me that when she was looking for a place to live here, she went to the police station and asked what parts of town were not good to live in. Apparently where we live is 1 of 2 places you shouldn't live. It doesn't look that bad, but I guess we will just have to bare it for now. Pray for us at night please. Just kidding. But you can if you want. I think we live in the nicest part of felony flats so thats a plus. Here are some more funny pics of hawaii. Man we are wierd people.
Here are some dolphins, they were swimming right by us. They were so playful, they would race our boat.
Such talent (he's only like 5 feet off the ground)
Here is Josh in Hawaii trying to imitate the Samoan people.
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 5:40 PM
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
My niece Brinley's birthday is actually this Thursday, but since we were home we celebrated it on Sunday. She is 4. She is such a funny little girl and I love her. We had a long weekend and Josh had an even longer one. A friend from our ward in Rock Springs got some Boise State tickets and wanted Josh to go. 10 hours from Casper is Boise. He was picked up at 5:00 a.m. Saturday morning in Rock Springs and got back to Mountain View at 5:00 a.m. on Sunday morning. Sadly Wyo didn't win, but he had a fun road trip. He is a crazy obsessed fan, but at least I know there are others like him! We went to church, came home and had a rockin party, then drove back to Casper.
Brin in her Belle dress. Horses, pink, and princesses are her obsession.
Here is Brin and her uncle Blake. Blake just turned in his mission papers. I can't believe he is 19 and ready to go on a mission.
This is Makelle, she is almost 1! I can't believe it, she has grown so much. She is so cute and has a major attitude.
Here is my nephew Cayden, he is a crazy cat. He's a pretty good little soccer and football star though.
Here is Brin in the shirt Josh and I gave her. She is in love with horses and pink so it was the perfect combination.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Well, we finally got the internet! I am so happy, I forgot how much I depended on it to do so many things. Thats probably no too good eh? We have been here in Casper for almost 3 weeks, I can't believe it. It is a nice place and we do have some family here so that makes it better. Revalation: I have a full time job. Oh my goodness, 8 hours 8-5 with a 1 hour lunch M-F! It is kinda killing me, I don't like having a full time job. They are really nice and let me take 2 hours off on Tuesdays for my class. I get to answer phones and take orders and do a bunch of computer stuff, I am the "office girl". It is sort of fun, but I still don't like it. The biggest suprise of all is that Josh still doesn't have a job. We have switched roles. I am the bread winner and he is the household keeper upper. HAHA he makes our bed and does the dishes and guess what?, he even made spaghetti the other night! He is amazing and he studies like a little kangaroo all night long. Anyway I am glad to be connected again.
Kolten and I at the game. We had to entertain ourselves because the boys were going crazy and Kolten was having a hard time keeping up. He kept saying are we the cowboys or the pokes? He's a good little cheerer and will have a little brother or sister here soon!
Friday, August 31, 2007
Hey everybody! We just moved on Sunday. We are unpacking and settling. We don't have the internet yet, so I am over here at Skip and Rocky's just dropping a line so you guys don't start panicking that you haven't heard from me :) We will be back by the 10th.
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 3:39 PM
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
I found my USB connector to my camera so here I go. Everyone else's blogs were so neat I decided to start one. I am not sure who wants to hear about me, but here goes. Josh and I have had a very busy summer. In May we took a vacation to Hawaii, it was awesome. My favorite part was the beaches. I loved Sunset beach. Everything was so beautiful. We went to Oahu and Kauai. I want to go back.
The next chapter of the summer was spent preparing for girls camp. Yes I was the GIRLS CAMP DIRECTOR! It was very scary and stressful, but it turned out wonderfully. It was a lot of fun and the girls are great. They didn't fight and got along better than I remember getting along with the girls in my ward. It was a great experience. I am glad it's over.
This last part of the summer, I have been getting ready to move. Yay! I am so excited. Rock Springs has been great, but I am ready for a change. We really love our ward and the friends we have made here. I am most excited for a washer and a dryer and a regular size fridge and stove. Sad huh? Josh is mostly excited for Wyoming football. He is obsessed. I need to pack. Here are some pic's of Hawaii.
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 10:19 AM
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 10:08 AM
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 10:05 AM
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 10:03 AM
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 9:57 AM
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 9:54 AM
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 9:52 AM
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 9:45 AM
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 9:42 AM
Posted by Josh and Alayna at 9:30 AM