Monday, October 8, 2007

Pathetic

I am just going to admit it. I have been such a pathetic person in the past it is so sad. I cannot believe I am going to admit it, but here goes. This conference session is the very first time I have watched all 4 sessions from beginnning to end. That it absolutely horrible. But.. I am proud of myself and I am going to stive to do it every time. I loved conference it was so uplifting. I don't mean to put people in categories, but I loved all of the hispanic speakers. I especially loved Pres. Costa's talk, he was the one that read the poem about "if tomorrow never comes." I was in a emotional mood the past couple of days and I cried and cried during talks. We also went to the stake center to watch a couple of sessions and that was a great experience. I have always just watched them at home in front of the TV, and a couple of time we got to go to the conference center. Going to the stake center really helps you pay more attention and you are able to feel the spirit more easily. Anyway I am proud of myself. It is also a good thing we did listen to all of conference because our bishop told us last night we were probably going to talk about conference in a couple of weeks! PS. Hey Rhonda how have things been going? Josh told me he talked to you a couple of days ago. Hope all is well in beautiful Georgia!

3 comments:

allison said...

You are not alone on being pathetic. I didn't watch all four sessions, and I can honestly say I don't know if I still ever have. Another pathetic thing- I fell asleep in the last session. Oops. I agree that going to church to watch helps you pay attention, because watching it on the computer at home made me a little too comfortable. I am proud of you for watching all 4 sessions. Good job. We missed you for the game on Saturday. Are you guys coming this weekend. I have to work all day Saturday. Boo hoo.

Holly said...

I love conference but I too didn't watch all 4. And I slept through part of 1. Thank goodness for the Ensign, right! I really love to read and study the talks (maybe cause I teach on them in Relief Society once a month!:)
Have a great week!

allison said...

You have been tagged and have to play the game! You should look at my blog to see what I'm talking about!