Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Tag

Well thanks Skip, now I have something to write about.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. We have contests in my household to see who can wrap the prettiest gifts. A suprising winner is Mike.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real, but guess what? I don't have a tree! Didn't do it, I am a major slacker. We are going home for Christmas, so I figure I can glory in the beauty of everyone else's.

3. When do you put up the tree? See question 2.

4. When do you take the tree down? If I did have a tree it would stay up for as long as it was alive.

5. Do you like eggnog? Eggnog!! It is the best. I am quite disappointed in all you who don't like it. They have a pumpkin spice kind, mmm. It does come in second to wasil though.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A singing microphone tape player thingy. Sounds crazy and it was. Had it for years. We would always sing the "Mormon sunday school" songs on it.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? My mother gave me the Willow tree one. I so love it. Thanks mama!

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. I never know what to get him. Books usually bode well, but that gets old.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My neices and nephews, they are so funny and crazy. Plus they will tell you exactly what they want.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? This wasn't mine, but its a great story. My grandma (bless her little heart) used to go walking every morning like 2 miles. She found a wallet on the side of the road (with tire marks on it) no money or anything in it. She decided it would be a great present for my little brother Blake. He was super excited!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, I am even mailing some, I need to get on that.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Story. Doesn't get any better. I did watch a Charlie Brown christmas for the first time the other day. Wasn't bad.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I think this year was the earliest I got it done. Last saturday I got everyone's.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything! Christmas food is the best. I love ham and my mama makes some great ham. Ohh and the candy, peanut brittle from my aunt Karen. Caramels, cinnamon popcorn, peanut clusters, pecan tarts, rolls oh my I need to stop.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Yeah I like the clear ones. I like how people put green and red spotlights shining on their lawns, looks cool.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh this makes me cry. My grandpa Hamblin had a gorgeous voice. He would always sing Oh Holy Night. We have it on a cd, so we always listen to it. Nobody else compares.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Home, no kids. Boring Christmas with just me and Josh. (Sorry for the confusion, when I say home I mean Mountain View, so yes we are traveling Home.)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and the most famous if you recall... Rudolph.

20. Angel on the treetop or a star? I like either. It doesn't matter.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present Christmas eve, and the rest Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not enough snow.

23. What I love most about Christmas? Being with those who you love. Giving, sharing, serving it really is a magical time. I also love thinking about Jesus Christ and having him be the center of our hearts.

1 comments:

allison said...

oh thanks for playing. I love the story about your grandma giving blake that wallet, that makes me laugh! You guys aren't coming home for Christmas???? Why not?