Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Texas here we come


We are embarking on a grand adventure. Josh's sister lives in Texas and we are going to see her for Easter. We leave on Thursday and are breaking the trip into two days. The first day will only be like 4 hours. The second day will be 7! Yikes.
I am super excited to go on a mini vacation and see Josh's sister and all her cute kids. We are staying in Texas about 3-4 days.
My main objective for blogging about this is because I am really not looking forward to the drive especially the second day. Eliza has usually been good in the car, but it seems the older she get, the more impatient she becomes. We went to Utah last weekend and she wasn't having it. She has also turned into a very high pitched screamer. Its very soothing.
So I need all of you bloggers advice on driving with a babe please. What has worked for you?

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I actually saw that you asked Beth on facebook about this, but I have no advice! I think it is the hardest that long when they are still in a rear facing carseat.

If you aren't opposed I would recommend infant tylenol. It could really help soothe her and fall asleep. I think there is some other stuff that they give babies when flying like benadryl or something too you might want to ask or google!

Emily K. said...

That is a hard age to travel. The only thing I can say is that the screaming will eventually stop. She will just get resigned to the fact that she is not getting out, and will stop. It makes the trip hard, but just try to ignore it, and feed her lots of treats!!

Kevin and Amber said...

Hey this is Amber :) I saw your comment on my blog. Fun stuff. I would suggest buying a DVD player and getting some Baby Enstien videos.